Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Visits Western New York

When I was a little girl, I believed that everything could think, talk, and dream of past and future. As a teenager, I ran in forests and along creeks, wondering what went through the minds of rocks and water. Now grown-up, I still give personalities to non-living things because the whole world feels alive to me. Today at The Miss Rumphius Effect, Tricia encourages us to personify inanimate objects. Welcome, Spring!

Spring

Peeking out
from her crystal cocoon
Nature feels
the time is soon

to pop cold buttons
from coats of snow
warm Earth for birth
watch babies grow

crowns of crocus
squeezing leaves
chickadee chicks
bursting bees
hidden kittens
mare and foal

life
more life
her only goal.

© Amy LV

4 comments:

  1. Lovely poem! And I'm happy to see you blogging! I hope spring is making it's way to western NY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful words.
    All the best on this wonderful blog,
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,
    Great to "hear" your voice. I look forward to more.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete