Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 2 of Free Verse Week - Seeing (#102)


Queen Anne's Lace
Photo by Amy LV


Author Eric Carle tells why he writes about small living things on his website, "When I was a small boy my father would take me on walks across meadows and through woods...I think in my books I honor my father by writing about small living things."

Married to a science teacher, I have come to appreciate the beauty of all plants, even those that some people don't like.  So in this poem I try to honor my husband's spirit which has taught all of us so much.

Students - who is someone you look up to or learn from?  You can write a poem highlighting that feeling without even mentioning the person's name.

You really can drink juice from purple clover if you pull out the little petals and suck the white ends.  Our son Henry loves to do this, and last week my sister-in-law told me that our four-year-old niece Libby does too!
 
(Please click on COMMENTS below to share a thought.)

No comments:

Post a Comment