Thursday, March 3, 2011

Poem #337 says, "The car wash is hungry!"


Slimin' the Grime from our Vibe
Photo by Georgia LV

Draft of "Car Wash"
by Amy LV


Two days ago it was sunny!  It looked like spring around here, and our car looked like a mudball.  It was time for the annual trip to the car wash, something we all enjoy and giggle through. My favorite part is those octopus arms that wipe down the whole car.  You can see them in the photo above.

Students - this is a mask poem.  I put on my car wash mask and wrote pretending that I was a car wash!  There's nothing like pretending to be someone or something else.  Just ask, "What would a ......  say?  What would a ...... think?"  And write!

(Please click on POST A COMMENT below to share a thought.)

3 comments:

  1. Thankyou so much for your Car Wash Poem! My daughter needed a poem for school to have stanzas, personification and much more. She has a great sense of humor and it was right up her alley. Again many thanks. V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Car Wash poem!! Ohh great the one I have not yet posted. Keep on leading the good work.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh really, I like this poem and in this way i will teach my child as well about wash.

    ReplyDelete